Monday, April 21, 2008




Seven years ago today Jesse and I were married. I had no idea what wonderful blessings God had in store for us. We have done a lot over the last seven years. Here is a very short summary. We moved to Dallas, bought our first house, made life long friends, grew closer to God, found out we were having a baby the day before we moved to Virginia. We then moved to Virginia, made more life long friends, had our first son, lived through a snow storm that dumped 30 inches on us, bought our second house, grew even closer to God. We traveled to fun places - Niagara Falls with my parents and New York as a family of three. We lived through a sniper shooter taking the DC area hostage and a hurricane that hit the east coast. We traveled to Disney World with my entire family and had the time of our lives. We cried and rejoiced when Devon went home to Jesus - trying to find joy in all circumstances. We then found out we were to have a second baby. We traveled to Mexico with Lynette and Shawn and my entire family to witness their beautiful marriage. We had our second son. We moved back to Texas and purchased our third home. We sold our first and second home. We slowly adjusted to the move and again, growing closer to God. We traveled to Cabo San Lucus for a me and Jesse only trip. We found out we were having our third baby (surprise). We found a wonderful church home and began making wonderful friends. We traveled to Sea World for a family vacation. We started our own consulting company with the goal of Jesse working from home. We had our third son. We slowly adjusted to being a family of five and still growing closer to God. We traveled to Northern California with my parents. We survived an F2 tornado going through our neighborhood in the middle of the night. We are still surviving sleepless nights and raising three boys. God has molded us and changed us in ways I never imagined. He has worked and shown His glory continuously. Jesse is my very best friend and am so blessed to have had such an amazing life with him for the last seven years. I look forward to many, many more. I love you Jesse. Thank you for marrying me. Here are some pictures of our wedding day and our honeymoon (I'm not sure why they are side ways, rotated them in iphoto).

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey babe -
I love you too! Wow, I've never really thought about how much stuff we been through! Can't wait for the next 7! :) Love you!

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary! I love the synopsis - I'll never forget going to your house in Rowlett for the first time on our way to Canton! That seems like forever ago. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Melody said...

Congratulations you two! You are a wonderful example to us all and I loved reading the condensed story of your lives together. Happy Anniversary!

Lynette Reeves said...

God knows what has happened and what will happen, and why. he places amazing people in our lives to bless us everyday. I thank him for you being my sister and that he blessed you so much with Jesse and all of the boys! I love you, Devon loves you all too!!

Jill said...

Congratulations! You guys are such a beautiful couple and have a beautiful family. We are blessed to know you and am glad we have been a part of two church families together!

Lisa Renee said...

Well Happy Anniversary! I remember meeting you both upstairs for pizza in that room at Prestoncrest! What a precious couple you are. Hope you enjoy celebrating your union and that you are very blessed for many years to come! Miss yall!

Ramona said...

I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. What a neat post. I'm so glad that you lived in Virginia for a while as part of your journey! I miss you!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!! What a fantastic update! I'm so glad that we got to know you guys in Virginia!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple on the outside, and every bit as beautiful on the inside!

Michael Ann said...

wow, time has gone by so fast! I can't remember where we met you exactly, if it was at PC or at small group at the Stites...but I know that we loved you from the start and knew you were such a fun, special, and happy couple. Happy Anniversary! love you guys!

Candice said...

I enjoyed reading some of your journey together. You are a special couple. Happy Anniversary!