Saturday, November 18, 2006




I painted our kitchen green. The color is called cedar path. When I decided to paint the kitchen, I pictured it in my head and it looked really good and I was sure of the color. I started painting about three weeks ago and I finished on Friday night at midnight. The closer I got to finishing on Friday, I started thinking I was not sure that I liked it. This made me so sad, because for me to paint anything any more is a big deal. With two kids and a husband, it is almost impossible to paint a room. So the thought of having to re-paint the kitchen almost made me cry. After I finished on Friday I looked and looked at the kitchen. I had decided that I for sure did not like it. Today, I sometimes thought I might like it, but most of the day I still did not. So I decided that I would leave it until after Christmas, and if I still did not like it I will re-paint. So let me know what you think because I need help to decide what to do.

2 comments:

jaime s said...

Love it!! Green is my favorite color! I think it's a great shade too...not too bright. It "feels" warm and inviting!

Don't repaint!

Ramona said...

I was just about to write about our painting adventure, but then I remembered I had already told you :). I totally understand how you feel. That's how I felt. We are actually about to paint a room in the basement green. It's hard to tell for sure from pictures, but, I think it looks really nice. It looks nice with the dark cabinets. And I like that it looks like a neat color of green, not one that everyone uses. But, if you decide to repaint I would understand. As you know, whether or not you like the wall color makes a big difference in how you feel when you walk into a room. And you walk into the kitchen every day!